Arriving on September 18, 2023- Departing on September 28, 2023
Art Journaling & Calligraphy with Ruth Korch
Ruth Korch is a professional artist, calligrapher, teacher and art coach. She lives in a beach town on the California Coast with her golden doodle puppy, Jax. While she enjoys many mediums, she especially loves the lively and sensitive expression that watercolor affords. Additionally, Ruth feels that it is perfect for pairing with another of her loves – text & letterforms. Art journaling has proved to be the ideal landing place for both these loves, as her stacks of completed journals prove. She takes great pleasure in incorporating hand lettering and calligraphy scripts in her journals and page layouts.
As an experienced teacher & coach, Ruth is very familiar and empathetic with the roadblocks that can keep many from enjoying or completing art journals. She is committed to making sure that no one returns home with an empty journal. Rather, Ruth is devoted to helping students find their own style & pace that will make their journaling doable, joyous and uniquely their own.
Wherever you are on your artistic journey, all levels are welcome. For beginners there will be templates and for all there will be daily demonstrations and teaching plus lots of encouragements along the way to move past your hesitations and enjoy this wonderful activity of engaging visually with the world around us. And, as an added bonus Ruth will be teaching a mini-calligraphy course on the side in the on-site studio. Just imagine coming home not only with a delightful travel journal of memories, but a new calligraphy skill under your belt.
What’s included in this Creative Holiday
- 10 night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- All meals except three lunches and one dinner
- Daily breakfasts, lunches and aperitifs
- Gourmet evening dinners (except one dinner)
- Transport to unique painting sites
- Daily excursions to nearby historic villages- this is a great opportunity to take plenty of photos, sketch, shop and enjoy French culture.
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport
- Services of bilingual guides
- Painting demos with group and individual instruction
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping not email@example.com
For all the details and to register, please contact Ruth directly by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Ruth: https://www.ruthkorchart.com/