Arriving on June 17, 2024 – Departing on June 27, 2024
Walk on the Wild Side in Southwest France with Rae Andrews.
This workshop is being hosted by one of my favorite places in Southwest France. Le Vieux Couvent. I hope you will join me on this fun workshop.
Nestled in the village of Frayssinet in Southwest France, the painting opportunities abound. It’s quiet and charming, just the place to park your easels.
Old medieval towns, villages, rivers, castles, and superb fields of flowers await artists and photographers alike.
This workshop is for those artists needing a ‘nudge’ with their art. Sometimes we get into the doldrums and our work shows it. Sound familiar? Don’t allow your personal statement to be the same as every other artist. Do you lean toward the graphic approach, or maybe color is your thing; maybe it’s a love of dynamic composition? Your ‘STATEMENT’ needs to surprise the senses of your viewers.
Rae works in a very loose and impressionistic way, and likes to explore the many nuances to make her paintings different; playing with COLOR , VALUE, MOVEMENT and DESIGN.
This workshop is designed to accommodate all levels of expertise, whether an experienced or novice painter.
Students will work in watercolor however Rae will sometimes introduce white gouache and or white acrylic ink to enhance her watercolors.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to stay in a 17th century refurbished convent. Gardens, and vignettes to paint everywhere. Quiet, relaxing and just the most superb venue at which to paint.
We travel the Dordogne region in air conditioned vans, for our chosen painting sites, such as peaceful riverbanks, lakes, wineries, and much, much more. There is a full studio at the convent for your leisure as well, which is open 24/7. Not to mention a swimming pool for the exercise oriented. We are all royally looked after.
A taste of your visit to Le Vieux Couvent.
- Visit Rocamadour, a historic pilgrimage site perched on a limestone cliff, with one of the most dramatic settings of any village in the world.
- Discover the Dordogne, visit the 15 th century Chateau de Castelnaud and see reenactments with actors in period costume of the day.
- Relax and lunch beside the river, then drive back to LVC via Roquegageac and Domme. Time for sketching, photos.
- Wander through charming villages to take photos, paint and explore
What’s included on this Creative Holiday.
- Ten night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- All meals except three lunches and one dinner out
- Gourmet dinners
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Taxi service to and from Toulouse International Airport
- Daily excursions to nearby historic villages – this is a great opportunity to take plenty of photos, sketch, shop and enjoy French culture
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping not included.
To enroll, or for more information please contact Rae Andrews
directly via email Rae4art@aol.com.
For more examples of Rae’s work visit her website at: