Arriving on October 4, 2019- Departing on October 14, 2019
Escape to France Painting Holiday with Karin Richter
Come spend 11 fabulous days in this enchanting place to renew your batteries! Le Vieux Couvent is the ideal place to relax in the company of other art-minded people. Here you’ll find your muse as you sketch and paint your surroundings without distractions. Your days will be filled with excursions to neighbouring towns and countryside, time to sketch and paint on location or in Le Vieux Couvent’s studio. Accommodations are comfortable and the food is something to look forward to after an artful and inspiring day!
Karin Richter, German-born Canadian artist is a veteran leader of painting holidays in Canada and Europe, on land and at sea. She is proficient in all mediums and enjoys mentoring artists to develop their own unique voice. For this special time in France, participants are encouraged to work in any medium. Karin will demonstrate and cover all aspects of painting:
- how to work on location (plein air sketching/painting)
- how to see correctly and how to photograph
- how to prepare for a successful painting
- Proper colour mixing and composition & design
- how to critique your own work
During excursions, quick sketches in pen & ink or watercolour will be most suitable. When at home in the studio, more finished work can be produced in either watercolour, acrylics, oils or pastels.
What’s included in this Creative Holiday
- 10 night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- Daily breakfasts, lunches and aperitifs
- Gourmet dinners every night
- Transport to unique painting sites
- Daily excursions to nearby historic villages- this is a great opportunity to take plenty of photos, sketch, shop and enjoy French culture.
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport
- Services of bilingual guides
- Painting demos with group and individual instruction by Karin
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping not included.
For all the details and to register, please contact Karin directly by email firstname.lastname@example.org or (403)272-1471.