Arriving on May 18, 2020- Departing on May 28, 2020
Painting Holiday with Cynthia Clarke
Cynthia has a B.Ed. degree from the University of Alberta in Edmonton. She taught in the Public School System for 27 years and contracted with the University in Edmonton as a Facilitator for student teachers for the last 13 years. Most recently, she completed an Art and Design course at theUniversity of Alberta.
Cynthia is an active exhibiting member of the Society of Western Canadian Artists, in Edmonton and the Art Society of Strathcona County in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
While sharing my painting techniques and ideas, I hope to inspire and encourage others to improve and grow as an artist. I welcome the challenge of learning new techniques, subjects, and trying new media. Experiencing the food, music, art, and history of the countries I visit has given me a much wider appreciation of the beauty and differences we all have to offer.
In Elementary School, I was fortunate to have a professional artist as an art teacher. From his teaching, I developed a lifelong interest in drawing, painting, color mixing, proportion and design, as well as, art history. Throughout my career as a public school teacher, I was able to teach these skills in art, and in other subjects like Language Arts and Social, as well as attend many Art workshops.
As a watercolor painter, I have attended many watercolor workshops with renowned artists I admired and from whose expertise I certainly benefitted. I have travelled to many locations in Canada, the United States and Europe with other like-minded artists since retiring. This has been an ongoing education for me, painting and learning with some of the best watercolor painters. These include:
– Karlyn Holman, Bonnie Brotzman, Kathie George, Rose Edin, Lian Quon Zhen, Gerald Brommer, and Thomas Schaller from the United States,
– Barbara Barrett from Ireland,
– Willy Wong, Frank Haddock, Francis Alty-Alston, Anne McCartney, and Gordon McKenzie from Canada.
Taking photos of people, flora and fauna, buildings, events, and scenery where I have travelled allows me to look back and recall those moments in time that I experienced and marveled at. This treasure trove of photos is material I can easily draw from, in creating a new painting. Being able to paint, create, emulate, share my skills and knowledge, travel, meet new friends and old, is indeed, a blessing that I cherish. I have taught workshops locally and look forward to sharing sketching tips, drawing skills, and watercolor techniques that have worked for me. By giving workshops and sharing my enthusiasm and passion for art, I know I can help others succeed in becoming successful painters.
What’s included in this Creative Holiday
- 10 night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- Daily breakfasts, lunches and aperitifs
- Gourmet dinners every night
- Transport to unique painting sites
- Daily excursions to nearby historic villages- this is a great opportunity to take plenty of photos, sketch, shop and enjoy French culture.
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport
- Services of bilingual guides
- Painting demos with group and individual instruction
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping not included.
For all the details and to register, please contact Cynthia directly by email: email@example.com
For more information on Cynthia: https://cynthiaclarkefineart.com/