Arriving on September 19, 2019 – Departing on September 29, 2019
A travel journaling workshop with Laure Ferlita
Laure Ferlita is an award-winning artist, teacher, traveller, pursuer of the path less travelled and an avid journal keeper. Going through her days with a sketchbook in hand, she finds it is quiet moments she most wants to capture on her pages. Watercolours and art journaling helps Laure to slow down the frenzied pace of like so she can capture many of the moments that swiftly disappear from memory due to the constant onslaught of daily living.
Travel journaling is another way of slowing down to truly “see” when we visit a location. Laure has learned there is no better way for her to truly see and experience what is around her than with a pen or brush in hand. By sketching, she connects more, feels more, hears more, and best of all, she remembers more long after she’s moved on or returned home.
Teaching artists how to develop the skills they need to sketch on location so that they too can experience more through their sketchbooks has been an unexpected pleasure for Laure! In her journaling workshops, she has had the opportunity to watch the connections being made between the artists and their sketchbooks as well as friendships blooming between the participants.
Join Laure at Le Vieux Couvent to:
- Explore a deeper connection with your creativity
- Slow down and learn to see
- Connect with others through shared experiences
- Grow new skills and come home with a lovely visual record of your visit
A taste of your visit to Le Vieux Couvent.
- Visit Souillac for the colorful market, the domed 16th century church, and perhaps a taste at the Eau de Vie distillery museum
- Visit Rocamadour, a historic pilgrimage site perched on a limestone cliff, with one of the most dramatic settings of any village in the world.
- Take a day trip to see 14,000 year old world famous cave paintings
- Discover the Dordogne, visit Chateau Baynac. Relax and lunch beside the river, then drive back to LVC via Roquegageac and Domme. Time for sketching, photos.
What’s included on this Creative Holiday.
- Ten night’s lodging (single or shared occupancy)
- All meals except two lunches and one dinner out
- Gourmet dinners
- Transport to unique painting sites
- 24 hour use of the art studio and extensive art library
- Round trip transport to Toulouse International Airport or Gourdon train station
Airfare, a couple of meals and tipping are not included
For details and information please email Laure at firstname.lastname@example.org or find out more on her website: https://www.imaginarytrips.com/events/travel-sketching-in-sw-france/
Independent Learning Classes | TheImaginaryRealm.com
Instagram | @laure.ferlita
Facebook | laure.ferlita